Who am I?
I studied classical music at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna and philosophy at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.
Being an autodidact I pursued my passions for photography, painting and printmaking alongside my studies as a violist. These disciplines have influenced me deeply in my current work as a composer and artist.
I use all my crafts to enrich and align the fields where I am working to create deeper meaning and understanding. Mastering multiple disciplines is expansion, not distraction. It is a process of intertwined translation.
I work as a musician, composer and artist but most of all I enjoy to combine multiple disciplines in order to create works of extended complexity that transport the message of a coherent and connected whole.
- 2020, December 14th, Vienna (Austria): Olfactospheres for large ensemble
- 2020, February 7th, Cluj (Romania): Calamitas for choir and orchestra
- 2019, November 10th, Vienna (Austria)/Wien Modern: Rhizom for large ensemble
- 2019, November 9th, Vienna (Austria)/Wien Modern: Reset for string trio and marimba
- 2019, November 8th, Vienna (Austria)/Wien Modern: Static Pointillism for bass clarinet, violin, cello and piano
- 2019, September 27th, Timisoara (Romania): Archipelago for strings
- 2019, Mai 17th, Iasi (Romania): Dreams of Lunacy for strings
- 2018, November 24th, London (UK): Rewind for mixed choir
2007 - 2014 University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (Mag.art.)
2014 - 2018 Academy of Fine Arts Vienna (Dr.phil.)
- 2019, August 15th - 19th, Zurich, Switzerland, SWISS ART EXPO: ARTBOX.PROJECT Zurich 1.0
- 2019, July 16th - 25th, Rome, Millepiani Exhibition Space: GLITCHES AND DEFECTS
- 2019, March 21st - April 16th, Vienna, Jan Arnold Gallery/MQ: transformative embodiments
- 2017, October 1st - November 1st, Bodrum, Turkey: 3rd International Bodrum Biennial
- 2017, January 31st - April 8th, Vienna, Weisses Haus: STRATIFIED - Fragmentierte Welten
- 2016, December 15th, Vienna, HERR LEUTNER Westbahnstraße: Group Exhibit
- 2015, November 12th - 2016 January 10th, Vienna, Lukas Feichtner Gallery: In the Basement
- 2015, November 12th - 22nd, Lukas Feichtner Gallery: Vienna Art Week
Filmmaker Johnnie Behiri made a little documentary about me.
Click here to watch it.
Camera: Johnnie Behiri
Editing: Luciano Orlievsky
I was featured in a documentary, directed by Thomas Knoglinger, which aired January 1st 2020 on ORF2.
Click here to watch it.